Maintaining nonstick cookware is important to ensure it lasts for a long time and performs well. Here are some tips on how to properly maintain nonstick cookware:
- Avoid using metal utensils: Metal utensils can scratch the nonstick coating, so it’s best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils instead.
- Use the right heat setting: Nonstick cookware heats up quickly, so it’s best to use a lower heat setting to prevent food from burning and sticking to the surface.
- Avoid high temperatures: High temperatures can damage the nonstick coating, so it’s best to avoid using high heat settings or preheating the cookware empty.
- Wash by hand: Nonstick cookware should be washed by hand with a soft sponge or cloth and mild detergent. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or steel wool, as they can scratch the surface.
- Don’t stack the cookware: Stacking nonstick cookware can cause the coating to scratch or wear off, so it’s best to store them separately.
- Use oil or butter: Using a small amount of oil or butter can help prevent food from sticking to the surface and prolong the life of the nonstick coating.
- Avoid harsh detergents: Harsh detergents and dishwasher detergent can damage the nonstick coating, so it’s best to avoid them. By following these tips, you can keep your nonstick cookware in good condition and ensure it lasts for a long time.